You are going to need to transition your dog to new food at various stages of his life. When you first get your dog you need to transition him to the food of your choosing. When he reaches twelve months old you need to transition him to adult food. When he reaches about seven years old you need to transition him to a senior food.
I will always recommend premium pet food. In another post we are going to the various premium dog foods and why they are better. But for now, let me tell you how to transition your pet to different foods.
- On Days 1-3 you should feed your pets 75% old food and 25% new food.
- On Days 4-6 you should feed your pets 50% old food and 50% new food.
- On Days 7-9 you should feed your pet 25% old food and 75% new food.
- On Day 10 you can feed your pet 100% new food.
If you have any questions please feel free to leave a comment.
- The Differences Between Grocery and Premium Dog Food (trainyourdogs.wordpress.com)
- Dog Food Ingredients – Part 2 (trainyourdogs.wordpress.com)
- Doggie Nutrition (trainyourdogs.wordpress.com)
- Pet food labels (livingwithadiabeticdog.blogspot.com)